Your Worlds/The One/Summit Packing List
Worlds, The One, The Summer and other end of year competitions are right around the corner, and all-star cheerleaders across the world are working with their teams to show off the best possible routine. While you’re busy prepping for the biggest competition of the year, don’t forget to pack the essentials! We at WSA Cheer have compiled a list of the best items to pack for your big trip.
- Your uniform — This one goes without saying, but don’t forget! Pack your bow, uniform, socks, and cheer shoes. Forgetting any of these could be a nightmare for both you and your team.
- Spirit gear — Even when you aren’t competing, you’ll have some time to run around and explore Disney. Wearing your gym’s spirit gear is one of the best ways to show off where you’re from and tell others that you’re a cheerleader. Spot other athletes in their gear and say hi! After all, you could make new friends.
- Extras — No matter what you are packing, bring an extra of everything you can. From an extra bow to extra underwear, you can’t go wrong if something should happen. Plus, it never hurts to have extras for any teammates who may have forgotten something.
- Sunblock — That Florida sun can get hot, and the last thing you want to do when you have a bad burn is stunt and tumble. Ouch! Make sure your body is protected with either clothing or sunscreen.
- A camera — If you have a phone, make sure to snap some pictures. If you aren’t quite old enough for a phone (parents of little ones, this is for you), then ask for a camera to use! Documenting your international and national cheerleading competitions — particularly those as big as Summit or Worlds — will help you remember these amazing experiences years into the future.
- Snacks — It’s important to keep your energy up. From a pre-boarding-the-plane snack to a quick bite before your team heads to the warmup room, you’ll want to keep some healthy snacks on hand to curb your hunger and keep your focus.
- Gifts — Many athletes choose to give their coaches and teammates some sort of gift or good luck charm before the big competition. Don’t forget to pack yours before you head out! Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until you get back to the gym to hand out the gifts.
- Makeup and hair supplies — Your gym likely has a specific makeup routine it uses to ensure all athletes are ready to take the mat while looking their best. Make sure your hair is on point and your makeup is totally sweat-proof by bringing setting spray and hairspray!
This list is just a start for all star cheerleaders who are heading to Worlds, The One, The Summit or another end of the year competition, so make sure you write down everything you’ll need in the days before your trip. That way, you’ll be able to make any last minute errand runs before you depart. From all of us at WSA Cheer, we wish you and your team the best of luck! We know you’re going to have a great time and make incredible memories in the process. We hope to see you next season!